Wooohoo, I’ve been nominated by the wonderful Lee Chalmers (thanks lovely!) for the Liebster Blog Award – make sure you read Lee’s wonderful blog, Just The Women.
I haven’t actually had the chance to publish a post in the last couple of weeks as I have been super busy at work and working in Singapore this week – you’d know that from following me on Instagram or Twitter ;). Will be back blogging this weekend upon my return home! So thank you for the prompt, Lee!
The idea behind this award is for bloggers to nominate new (ish) bloggers to help spread the word about their blog to those who don’t yet know about it. It’s also because you feel they deserve it!
Here are the rules for the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog – by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a ‘widget’ or a ‘gadget’. (Note that the best way to do this it to save the image to your own computer and then uplaod it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!).
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (you can copy and paste from here). Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have heard of it!).
Here are the questions Lee asked me:
- Why do you blog? To share my love of food with people, tell them about restuarants I like to visit and to share my recipes.
- What is the most exciting thing that has happened to you connected to blogging? Hmm…meeting with one of the directors behind Street Feast and potentially working with some of the stall holders at Street Feast.
- What does feminism mean to you? Equal opportunites and your gender not determing the kind of person you should be.
- What do you when you are not blogging? I work for The University of Chicago Booth Business School as Assistant Director for Executive Education, EMEA. Or I’m cooking or eating out!
- What is your biggest hope for the future? That I can one day have my own cafe/deli. and host children’s cookery classes.
- If you could have one superpower what would it be and what would you do with it? Healing so that I could stamp out all types of illnesses such as Cancer, AIDS and depression.
- What kind of holidays do you like? Ones where you really get the chance to explore the country and not just sit on the beach or stay within a resort.
- Coffee or tea? Coffee. Once in a while tea with lemon.
- What technical innovation do you wish they would hurry up and invent? One where you click your fingers and be home in a second when you can’t face getting on public transport.
- What role does faith/spirituality/etc play in your life? It doesn’t really. I was brought up catholic but I am not practicing.
- What is your favourite dessert? Lemon cheesecake all the way! Oh, and set rather than baked.
11 random facts about me:
- 1. I don’t eat berries – blueberries and cherries being the exception.
- I am addicted to using carmex lip balm.
- My middle name is Etta.
- I don’t like beer.
- I can’t say the word specific but can say specification.
- My comfort food is mashed potato.
- I love CSI the TV programme. CSI Miami is my favourite!
- I’m scared of heights.
- I can’t do cartwheels.
- I LOVE chillies
- I have a scar on my hand from when an iron accidentally fell on my hand at the age of 2 – I tugged on the cord!
- Tux – http://brooklynhomemaker.com/
- Cat Seldon – http://usaimilliede.blogspot.co.uk/ and http://usaicatde.blogspot.co.uk/
- Kenyeh Ganda –http://dnbandkiki.com/
- Matthew Jeary – http://matthewgjeary.wordpress.com/
- The Clapton Pot – http://theclaptonpot.com/blog/
- Jamie Noble – (finished his crazy crusade around the world now but well worth the read) – http://jamienoble73.wordpress.com/
My question for the nominated bloggers?
- When and why did you start blogging?
- What’s the best dish you have ever cooked?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- What’s your day job?
- Brown or white sugar in coffee?
- What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
- What top tip would you give to other bloggers?
- Swimming in the sea or in a pool?
- What’s your favourite quote?
- Where have you never been that you like to visit? It can be a country, a restaurant, a landmark – you choose.
- What scares you?