Data controller/who we are
Nim’s Din. Presents….. which trades as Nim’s Din. (website/blog) and CHAM CHAM (catering) is the data controller. You can contact us at:
PO Box 6180
When/Where we may collect information
- you subscribe to our blog/website
- you submit an enquiry through our contact form on the blog/website
- when you submit a comment on our website/blog
- you book a seat at one of our supper clubs/events
- when you engage with us on social media be it through a like or a comment
- when you purchase a product from us via our website/blog
What information we may collect
This could be through a third party (data processor) site, depending on purpose of the information being collected i.e. buying a product or leaving a comment on a social media page or booking a seat at a supper club/event, or subscribing to follow our website/page. N.B not all information listed below is required for a particular purpose, this list just identifies the information possibly collected at any one time:
- Email address
- Website address
- Phone number
- Dietary requirements, allergies
- Transaction details i.e. the total sum of funds we receive and the product purchased, along with the payment method and not your full card number. The latter is blanked out by the third party i.e. Eventbrite or Paypal to keep your card details secure.
- Profile name i.e your WordPress profile name when you subscribe to follow us through your WordPress account
How we may use your information?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways:
- to respond via supplied contact details regarding your enquiry (email, telephone or post)
- to send you a product through the post/courier
- to respond to your comment left on our blog/website or social media page
- to confirm your seat at our supper club/event and your dietary requirements/allergies
- to send you the latest blog post, be it a recipe or supper club/event update
- to create content for our website/blog or social media through the medium of photography and videography i.e. photos taken at our supper clubs, or testimonials left on any of our pages.
We also obtain/collect and use aggregated data i.e. no. of views on a page or demographic data for analytical purposes provided through third parties such as WordPress or our social media page. Note, through these channels we do not receive personal data, even if its derived that way, as this aggregated data does not reveal the person’s identity in any shape or form, be it an IP address or name. No other data is available to us in this instance.
How do we protect information
Data security is important to us all and we ensure it is kept secure by taking the utmost care for the information we hold to ensure it is not misused, disclosed, or accessed in an unauthorised manor.
How long we store/use your information
We will only retain the information provided to us to fufil the task in hand for which it is collected and in the instance of any legal, accounting and reporting requirements.
Third party or data processor links
At our discretion we may include third party services on our website/blog. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies which we are not responsible for and therefore hold no liability for their actions. Though we use them in the hope that they respect your information and do not use it for their own use. Find links to the privacy policies of some of the third parties we use
- Blog/website subscriptions: Data sent to our third-party data processor WordPress.com
- Ticket bookings (from event booking forms): Data sent to our third-party data processor Eventbrite.com
- Purchasing a product from our website and paying for it via PayPal
N.B all these websites may include links to plugins and applications.
Disclosing information to parties
We do not sell or transfer to outside parties any personally identifiable information. This does not include the third parties/platforms who assist us in operating our website or services. These third party will have access to information provided by the individual for the specific purpose. The specific personally identifiable information held by these third parties need be kept confidential. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to via these parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses i.e. aggregated data.
Cookies are used to analyse traffic and aggregate data. You able to disable cookies and still use our site.
Parental consent for under 16s
We do not knowingly collect data relating to under 16s. Parental consent is needed in this instance.
You are more than welcome to contact us at any time to opt out from receiving communications via our website/blog or any other channel we use.
Last updated on 21st May 2018.